Thursday, January 11, 2007

Which way do I turn??

Jerm called from KC and I could hear a computer voice in the background telling him how far to the next exit, what lane to be in and where to turn. It seems their rental car has a GPS that really takes the confusion out of driving in an unfamiliar city. Does anyone know anything about these? I might try to rent one the next time we go to a big city if I knew more about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello...I just got your blog from Renee...I think they are intresting! Looks like you have snow...our moisture has been mostly in the form of rain so far this winter...which is nice...we don't have to scoop rain! :) You mentioned the GPS that Jeremy was using...we bought one just before we went out west at Christmas time. We loved it...it definitely took the stress out of city driving and finding places and people. I would recommend one, especially for our age! Lorraine

Lisa said...

I've known others in family or friends that have them and their fool proof. I don't know when we'll get another car, but I would like one myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Cara and Anthony have one in their van. I rode with her to Denver when Mom was sick and was AMAZED. She just typed in the address of where we wanted to go and it showed a map that constantly updated itself as to where we were on a little screen and also had a voice prompt about every little thing to do. Driving in Denver to find an unfamiliar place should have made us wrack our brains and pull our hair out but instead it was mindless... and not stressful at all! - michelle