Monday, January 22, 2007

Riding with Grpa G




We took a little drive yesterday afternoon. Our grand-dog Maddie came along. We saw hundreds of antelope. The deep snow has kept them from migrating to where they usually go in the winter. There is snow there too. Then we stopped to chat with a guy looking at the rocky cliffs along the road on our ranch. He said he had seen a mother mountain lion and 3 kittens on those rocks last night and brought his girls out to see them again....they were busy elsewhere....probably grocery shopping in the antelope aisle! Oh yes, we got 4"- 6" of new snow Sunday morning...it has pretty much blown out and around now.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful picture! Hope you are having fun dogsitting your granddog! Looks like she's having a good time!

Anonymous said...

When you started this blog you made it sound like it wouldn't be very exciting because you don't have small children around. We thought you ought to know that yours is one of our favorite blogs to check! You have a creative presentation of every day things that make us feel as if we are there with you for a day! Love, Michelle

Anonymous said...

Ditto to my twin sis's comment - and I'm still laughing at the "shopping in the antelope aisle!"
From the pics on Chet's blog, looks like you're getting in a good grandma fix!

grmasusie said...

Thanks for your kind remarks. I enjoy reading everyone elses blogs too.....it kind of brings us closer together. We did have a wonderful time at Chet's house...he is even CUTER in person than he is in the pictures!!

Dim and Jana said...

Love the picture of Maddie! Looks like she belongs...

Shelly said...

Shelly here of "Dan and Shelly" on Amy's blog links. Of course you probably remember him as "Danny" as most in the Valley call him still. I've never formally met you and George, but I've heard many stories from Dan and Jerm.

Although I'm not originally from your neck of the woods, I lived there for a few years. Then Dan lead me out to the "middle" so he could go to school. Anyway, I love photos you post. We miss home. It is nice to have a glipmse of it once in a while.

Dan says 'hi'.