Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fischer would say...oopsey, stuck in the snow again!

This is the gate into Chris and Kate's yard. He had it cleared out 3 days ago. When they tried to go back home after having lunch with us that day, it was drifted too deep to drive through again. The drift is about 6' deep.
These are the corrals at the Kamp ranch. They look pretty snowy and drifted up. The wooden posts are 8 feet tall. The tub and alley behind the chute (in the middle )you can't even see...they are covered completely. We wanted to work cattle in these corrals this spring, but won't be able to. We will have to trail the cattle home 5 miles to give them their shots before calving. Chris or George will have to plow a path home with the CAT as the county can't get the roads open. There are 6' drifts across the county roads. Oh, did I mention that we are snowed in??;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brrrr, makes me cold just looking at it. I think I will go throw another log on the fire! Karen F.

Anonymous said...

That snow is unbelievable! It will be welcomed moisture this Spring, I'm sure. Looks like you had a great cruise! That carved fruit was amazing! Did you watch them carve it? And just hearing the waves crash on the shore...ahhhh! I could live closer to that!

Anonymous said...

We didn't watch the chef's carving this time, but it is pretty amazing. We would have enjoyed the waves and the sunshine more if we wouldn't have been thinking about how terribly snowy it was at home and how hard it was on all the guys.