Tuesday, February 26, 2008

February morning


I feel bad not putting something new on the blog when I see people checking every day. We have 2 baby calves now, so I will get some pictures of something different than just snowdrifts...it will be black calves against a background of snowdrifts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there concern of those calves getting lost in the snowdrifts, or are they all in an area where they are "safe"?

Just curious. :)

grmasusie said...

We have not had "big" snow for a week now so the drifts are settling. The cows tromp around on top of them and pack them down. Most hay stacks still have the drifts up over the fences, but the cows haven't discovered that they could just walk in and help themselves! It is amazing how fast the little calves can jump up and follow their moms through the snow. So I would say, the calves are safe, and their mamas can usually sniff them out.
You will have to come out when we get to the peak of calving. That is a really interesting and busy time!...and you CAN drive in here in a car now.