Sunday, October 21, 2007

Snowy Sunday

We took a nice drive this afternoon. The snow stopped about 1 pm and the sun came out.
This is the mountain at sunset...it turns pink every night. That brown patch in the middle is 60 elk. They might show up better if you click once on the picture. The snow was hanging in sparkly globs all over the sagebrush. A picture doesn't show the beauty, but it still is pretty.
I don't know how many miles you can see here, but the far horizon is at least 30.

Grandpa George is cleaning off the deck this morning...there was about 8" of snow there. No one was able to come out today as the roads were closed because of the snow and wrecks. This is especially for the grandchildren who live in warmer climates and don't see snow as much as we do!





The sandhill cranes were bunching up and flying from pasture to pasture yesterday. It was so terribly windy that they probably couldn't find a suitable updraft to continue on south....so they are still here today, flying around and talking about the bad weather!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely snow!!!Suzie...you have a talent in photography...some of these are good enough to publish!!!Yesterday, I got up to walk in the 80 degree heat...very humid...in about 15 minutes time, the temperature dropped about 30 degrees,and this morning I had to wear my hooded sweatshirt!!I would love to be Xcountry skiing up there, to keep warm!!!Happy late Bday George!!!Gma Terry

Anonymous said...

I was walking out in the hay field during my visit to Kate and Chris's last August, and I came upon a couple of cranes...I was surprised to see how large they are up close...didn't know there were so many of them around...they sure make an unusual sound...definately not a meadow lark!!!Gma Terry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the snow pictures. Mostly I really enjoy the warm climate we live in, but I have to say I miss the snow sometimes. It's good to know I can get my "snow fix" by checking your blog! :)

Lainey said...

I love the photo of the sagebrush in the foreground and the mountains in the back. It makes me long for ole' Jeffrey City days!
Elaine