Saturday, October 20, 2007

Catching up...


Fischer loves to go on walks and the leaves were piling up. The past few days, we have had lots of wind, so there may not be many piles left. The weather man was saying gusts of 70 mph plus.



This morning, we spotted hundreds of sandhill cranes landing and taking off outside the house. I ran to get the camera, turn it to video...it is soooo SLOW....then got the tail end of them going around the end of the house.


Then I ran through the living room and caught them on the backside of the house. Aren't the clouds pretty this morning??? Red in the morning sailors take warning, is the old saying and it is really windy and blowing in a snow storm for tonight.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love the sound of the sandhill crane. I am a bit of a closet birder. I'm glad your camera caught a bit of it.

Anonymous said...

WoW!!! What a sunset!!!When Katie was about 3 or 4, she saw a sunset of similar magnitude, and asked me who made it...I told her God made it, and she then said "He's a good ol boy"
Thanks for sharing that morning with us down here in this God forsaken H@#L Hole...you'd better be careful...one day I may just show up at your doorstep with bags in hand...Gma Terry