I have a question for all you readers of this blog. Where do you think the sunrises and sunsets are the most beautiful, over the mountains, the ocean, the prairies, off a cruise ship, in the city?? Where was your most memorable sunrise or sunset? What were you doing that made it wonderful? Grpa G and I have been discussing all of the above and trying to decide which was our favorite. Right now, I am dreaming about doing research from the Carribbean or some place warm ;) I see people checking the blog from all over the USA and the Dominican Republic, Australia, and Spain,....so surely there are a lot of different views on this subject.
10 comments:
That's a hard decision to make...I think all of the best ones I've seen have been in our favorite state, but I've seen beautiful ones all over...out by you guys, out at Gary & Aileen's...The picture you posted is beautiful!
This picture is stunning, WOW! Well, having just been on a cruise in the Carribean, we witnessed some beautiful sunsets as we were out to sea, so for this moment those are the most memorable!! I enjoy checking out your blog, Susie, although I don't participate in the comment section much, do I?
Renee in NE
I have to say the most memorable sunset I have seen yet has been down here as we were driving back from meeting this summer. The whole sky was participating and there were so many different shades of different colors. The clouds were various sizes, the big stormclouds made it all look so spectacular. I have to say a good sunrise or sunset is one of my very favorite things, no matter where it is!
I haven't been able to comment much, but we have sure enjoyed all your posts lately! I liked your postive outlook on being snowed in for so long...that none of you have gotten sick! There IS always a silver lining, isn't there? :)
I'm blogging tonight and loving looking at everyone's photos. You've got some amazing ones Susie! The ones from years past were so great too... love the smiles they bring.
As for sunsets versus sunrises... hmmm. This is fun to consider - I wonder what psychiatrists would have to say about us? :) Well, I think I'd have to say sunrises because I love that part of the day and while I love them best from home, I think the most beautiful are those over the water. I remember staring for as long as they lasted, not even wanting to blink because I was feasting on their beauty.
What a great post! It's so nice to sit back and ponder such simple and wonderful things, like sunsets & sunrises! In the house we spent most of our growing up years in, the house is up on a hill, and we watched many beautiful sunrises through the windows by the dining room table. My most memorable was when Lloyd Wilson would stay with us and would come watch the sunrises and give us many spiritual lessons while we watched the beauty of a new day unfold.
Wow! This is a great post.
I think that the most beautiful sunrise has to be over the mountains. It may be because that makes me think of home.
The most beautiful sunsets I have seen were on Lake Michigan when my husband was working for a power plant out there. We would go every evening and watch the sun drop into the lake. I still love to look at the pictures we took there.
I'd have to say the best I've seen are in WY. But of course growing up there were tooo many trees to really be able to see them. I love our view here in Laramie. The sunrises and sunsets are all different but always spectacular!
Yes, Susie, I think it is time for you to book another cruise and go see if the sunsets still looks the same!!! I clearly remember, some 30+ years ago, the most beautiful sunset in southern Italy. We were walking up a trail on a mountainside and looked back over the ocean as the sun was setting and it literally looked as though the sun was pouring into the ocean.
A year or so ago, as I was going across I-80...maybe a little west of Elk Mountain...I thoroughly enjoyed a beautiful Wyoming sunset. It filled the whole sky with a palete of yellow, oranges, reds, etc.
Thanks for sharing your photos. Linda
Well I am a bit slow in posting here, but thought this was interesting! Love your sunset pictures. I can't say where the best ones we have seen have been, but just this week we were in Omaha and the sunset was so pretty over town...it actually looked like the city was on fire, the way the clouds were. We do have a lot of beautiful sunsets in Iowa (we have a lot of clouds, which make a pretty sunset!) I like sunrises, too, but I am not a morning person, so don't see as many of those. Mindy took some really neat sunset pictures this Fall during harvest, with the combine in the field...they do make good memories! We are looking forward to some over the ocean next week...where it is warm! Lorraine
Oh dear, I think that is a most impossible conclusion! We have witnessed so many in so many states and situations, I would say that God is not partial to a particular place in his work of art! I always like to look at the sky and remember what Ron T. told us once, "It's looking like it is setting up to be another beautiful sunrise" (sunset)! May our life be like that when someone looks on it...setting up to be a beautiful sunset. Love your blog!!! Lorna
Post a Comment