Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I learned a new word....

I read about a "day-cation" yesterday...It is when you don't have time to go for a real vacation, but just a few hours or a day to do something different or fun. It helps break the winter blahs and gives you a new outlook on life. It sounds like a good thing to me. Ideas, anyone??

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Usually what I do along these lines is make Craig watch Brooklyn, and then I sit in the bathtub and read a book and eat ice cream! That's usually all the vacation I need!
We need to take a weekend-cation to see you guys :)

Anonymous said...

treat yourself to a spa :)

Anonymous said...

How about a good book and a nice hot drink to sip while you're reading (tea or hot chocolate or something)? Or how about just taking a nap? Sometimes that would be a WONDERFUL day-cation!! :) Too bad my job doesn't permit afternoons like that. :)

grmasusie said...

Jocelyn...a weekend with us all sounds great...call so we can tell you what roads are snowed shut ;( Right now, there is ONE way out, of course it has to be the long way around, but at least it is there!