JD and family spent one day with L's oldest sister and family who were also in Orlando at the same time. Grpa G and I went to the Convention Center (with the help of TomTom, our GPS) where there were several different exhibitions to go to. There was a helicopter show, a boat show, a log home show, and a scrapbook expo. I wished all of you cardmaking, scrapbook making friends could have been there. There were 60 booths, all selling EVERYTHING at "reduced show prices". Women were leaving the hall with huge bags of materials and BIG smiles on their faces. There were hands on classes at about every booth. I was like a non swimmer at a swimming party, so really couldn't enter in to the general excitement, but it was hard not to get caught up in buying something.....anything, as everyone seemed to think the deals were so wonderful!
George enjoyed seeing all the log home kits and ideas, furnishings, lighting, etc. This was the 4th day of mega walking, so the bottoms of our feet were complaining a little.
3 comments:
That sounds like a place that could make me have to declare bankrupsy! I'm not sure how to spell that. Anyways, it also sounds like you did so much walking, that if it would have been a few years ago when you got home, we both would have been sleeping in, instead of taking our morning stroll together. I miss living out there with you guys! It was so much fun.
Jocelyn, I have been trying to walk every day, in the house, with a Leslie Sansone DVD on the computer. I was doing 5 miles per day before we left on our trip. I know it had to help me lots as my feet didn't hurt, just the skin on the bottoms. We sure enjoyed all you kids that spent time with us on the ranch in the summer. I really enjoyed having someone to walk with and take pictures of the sunrise!
The scrapbook show sounds like a fun place to spend a day. I like to look at what is available, even if I don't get much scrapbooking done. Fortunately Alisa is an avid scrapbooker, so she is the one who puts to use the supplies and neat things that I find. It is more of a spectator sport for me at this point in my life. I hope to get more involved "when I retire!"
Karen F.
Post a Comment