
This is Kates account on his 11th birthday.
Our first baby. He weighed 2 pounds 15 3/4 ounces. He was 13 1/4 inches. He was born 3 months early because I slipped on the ice. I remember I laughed when I fell. It didn't seem like a big deal until later when I was riding in an ambulance to Laramie. We ended up being sent to Denver in a jet plane (because the wind was too bad for a helicopter), and then I had to ride a helicopter to the top of PSL. Chris and I spent a couple of days in PSL. The plan was for me to stay in the hospital until Fischer was farther along in his gestational growth. Then on the morning of January 10th they woke us up at 4am for an emergency c-section. They threw Chris some blue clothes, and whisked me away to get ready for surgery. Fischer is holding the sign the nurses made for him in the NICU. It is really hard to remember him being so tiny. He is almost as tall as me. It is hard to think that when he was born he was a little longer than a ruler. He is almost eleven. I can't believe it. Happy upcoming birthday Fischer Lee.
No comments:
Post a Comment