
Visiting grandpa.

Cousinly visiting the night before the funeral.

We gave Grandpa a haircut and clipped his nails.

Pres's friend Walter sat with him at the funeral. Walter owns the ranches we all live on. He and Pres were friends since college days.

All of Nelda's grandchildren and great grandchildren were able to get to the funeral.

The younger bunch of grandsons. Being quiet and respectful.

Beautiful flowers from our friend Debbie and family.

Some of the littlest granddaughters with roses from the casket spray. The undertaker stopped us from leaving the graveside and said,"I want you to know those were the best behaved kids I have ever seen at a funeral.....and I have had thousands of funerals.

To top off an eventful day, Chet got terrible abdominal pain on the way home and ended up having his appendix out in the night. The nurse was showing the offending appendix to him.

By morning he was feeling pretty good. The appendix had not burst, so no infection leaked out.
4 comments:
Wow - so nice to see a few pictures from yesterday.Thank you. Dad called and told me all about the day and what he heard/felt. It sounded beautiful and sweet. It is wonderful to look at the picture of all Pres and Nelda's kids, grandkids, and greats! We were sure thinking of everyone gathered and hope it was a comforting day. Love, Michelle and All
Then when Scott and Renee got to Casper, Chey got sick with bad stomach pain. Took him directly to ER in Buffalo..appendix out at 1 am.
Somehow I had missed the part about Chet until Morgan pointed it out - that's terrible! Wow - nothing like squeezing a few huge events into one day! Glad all is well now and glad it hadn't ruptured. Hope they have some quiet, uneventful days at home now! :)
Now I added a picture of Walter and Pres.
Post a Comment