Monday, July 7, 2014

In the greenhouse May, early June

Last year I was plagued with aphids.  I got 4500 ladybugs. we got them a bit late, we were gone with my dad's funeral and trips there, so I wasn't happy with the results.  This year, I ordered 9000 ladybugs early.  They stay dormant in the refrigerator.  You shake out a couple hundred at a time.
I have lots of good help in the greenhouse.  Here is early May, just getting started.
Some of the 9000 lady bugs in their bag.

We tried to spread them out, put them out in the cool of the evening, after we watered things.



The strawberry patch is a favorite place.

Pretty soon, Elizabeth started picking them herself, she didn't care if they had leaves or not, fresh squeezed strawberry juice was all around!

Gardening gloves are a must!

George put automatic watering on most of the plants, but a few needed hand watering.
                                                                    EARLY JUNE
 

No comments: