There is a bridge on the Encampment River known to fly fishermen as the Green Bridge. If you talk about that river, they might say "which way from the Green Bridge?" Yesterday it was my privilege to stand on the bridge and turn cattle into a gate next to it...

The cattle immediately went to munching on the fresh green grass.

I breathed in the peace and beauty of it all to a chorus of munching cattle and fishing feeding and splashing in the river and the river trickling on toward the Platte. There is a little inlet in the river to the left, and the trout kept jumping out of the water to catch the emerging flies that were hatching.

Chris trotting over the Green Bridge.

George and Keith enjoying the cool morning on the Green Bridge....after the cattle were moved. What a great place to plan out the rest of the day!

Is he "wishin he was fishin"?

The fishing poles were left at home or they would have been in use I am sure!
3 comments:
Beautiful pictures!
I loved your pictures Susie! I especially like that one of the handsome cowboy riding across the bridge. ;)
Gorgeous pictures. I can almost feel that cool, moist air.
Post a Comment