Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Windy!!

The noise was something with the metal flapping and banging on the roof and the chimney. It knocked this ring off the chimney and it jumped up and down. Then the shingles coming off the roof sounded like someone jumping on the roof. I had to go outside to take pictures and see what in the world was happening! The insurance adjuster was here already this morning. Power poles went down and the electricity was off.


The winds were BAD yesterday. There were some really high gusts and high steady wind. It did this to our house...and the roofs at two of the other houses on the ranch will have to be replaced. Ours only will get repairs.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have had nasty winds haven't we?? I thought of you has I headed across I-80 yesterday. I would have honked but I knew the wind would blow it away before it even got close to your house! We had a bad wind last Wed. and Mom and I were comparing notes and they also had damaging winds that day. The winds are so wide spread. Take care, Linda

Sandy said...

Wow, you had worse winds than we did. And then is was eerily quiet...