Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunny Florida mid April


We visited our friends from New York for several days....Helen and I are cooking breakfast.

This is what we left in Saratoga.  All the roads were closed except the back roads from Saratoga to Walden to Laramie.  We had plane reservations the next morning and Jeremy's family were meeting us in Orlando so we really wanted to make the flight.

They de-iced us twice, we sat on the plane 3 1/2 hours, then had a 3 hours flight to Ft Myers...a long day, but worth it!  They opened the interstate in the middle of the night, we had been stranded in a motel in Laramie.  We headed out.  We did not see ONE vehicle between Laramie and Cheyenne....of course it was 1 am!!  Then we hit freezing rain Cheyenne to Denver.  Could hardly stand up in the parking lot at the airport.

Riding to the gate at Disney World

This is how thunderstorms look from the top.  The pilot went around them, but they puffed way up into the sky.  We heard of bad weather below in Missouri and Oklahoma.

Had to take a picture in front of the castle.  Jeremy, Amy, and the boys.


Hmmm, this movie jumped out of sequence.  I don't know how to move it!
Another with Grandma and Grandpa.


Even the ice cream sandwiches were Mickified!
Going from NEVER riding a roller coaster type ride to 4 in one day, is quite a leap out of my rut.  I guess I am not getting any younger!!  I did notice a heart shocking machine at the end of the ride in the first aid area!!  This ride was totally dark.  they take a picture of you when you don't even know it.  I had my eyes closed and was hanging on for dear life!  The attendant asked if I had a nice ride....I had to say, NO!

After a full day in Disneyworld, J had to crash!
So many shells to pick up!  The beach is totally covered in the the Gulf of Mexico area.
We enjoyed beautirul sunsets every evening.  10 minutes from the house.


This is how you eat when there is no furniture in the house.

Daily trip to the beach.  The water was warm, and beautiful.

One of the close beaches.  Englewood beach.

I think we found 50 petrified sharks teeth on the biggest day.



No comments: