Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Enjoying the sunshine and working at the same time!

I always like to take pictures of this scenic barn with the mtn in the background. Our cattle are in the pastures around this place. If this old sod roofed barn could talk, it could tell some stories!


Grpa G was checking on some things and invited me to go with him. I grabbed my camera, and off we went. The mountain looked so pretty behind these trees. I wish I could have groomed the trees a bit, but didn't have a ladder or a chainsaw with me!!

Grpa was checking traps waay up here on this rocky ridge. That is the truck below. He didn't say I couldn't make it to the top, just said..."you can come as far as you want to go."


This rocky ridge is beautiful. This is a VERY snaky area in the fall and summer, so was fun to see it from the top now.












I was wondering if I would ever see Grpa again, when I heard a noise and saw his head popping over the top of the hill. You might have to click once to see him.




The sun was shining on the lichen on the rocks. A picture can't capture the glowing colors.








I think this was my favorite rock. I sat and soaked up sun and took pictures and waited. Someone told me that the skin on the back of your hands is one of the places in your body that manufactures Vit D from the sun. I got a good dose yesterday!!









1 comment:

Oma and Opa said...

Enjoyed your photos very much and the bit of history. Look forward to seeing more of that part of the country and you.
blessings, Linda & Arno